University of Dallas Lyric Theater and Opera Master Class Series
with Dr. Rachelle Fleming
The University of Dallas Music Department has enlisted Dr. Rachelle Fleming to lead a vocal master class series with a special emphasis on lyric theater and opera music. We welcome our music students and music students from area university music programs to register and participate as either vocalists or observers in this opportunity to work with a master in vocal pedagogy and performance.
*Dr. Rachelle Fleming's bio can be found here.
When: April 12 and 13, 2014*
Where: Reception Space at the Music Hall at Fair Park
Cost: $35 for non-University of Dallas music student participants; FREE for University of Dallas music student participants and all class observers.
RSVP for UD participants, non participating students and observers is required. Please submit your
- Full name
- Attending school
- Affiliation with the University of Dallas
to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm on April 11. Space is limited, so please RSVP!
NOTE: Non-University of Dallas vocal participants are limited to 10. Observers are limited to 50.
*Timed Schedule for April 12 and 13:
Saturday, April 12, 2014: Music Hall at Fair Park
- 11 a.m.-5:30/6 p.m.: Students work with Dr. Fleming. (Break tentatively scheduled 3-4 p.m.)
Sunday, April 13, 2014: Music Hall at Fair Park
- 1 p.m.-5 p.m.: Students continue work with Dr. Fleming.
- 6 p.m.-7 p.m.: Student Showcase
- Vocalists participating in the class: Please submit a copy of your music to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, April 7, 2014. If you cannot submit your music by that time, please come prepared with copies for the accompanist, Dr. Fleming and yourself on the first day of classes.
- Parking at the Music Hall at Fair Park is free. If you encounter any problems, please contact 214-725-9222 upon your arrival.
- The Fair Park DART rail station is just outside the Fair Park entrance gates at Parry and First Avenue. The Music Hall sits just inside and to the right of this entrance.
- Be aware that food-purchasing options are limited in that area of Dallas if you do not have a car, and consider bringing snacks or a light lunch for the break. Class will start on time after the break so please be diligent about your break time.
- Please bring a bottle of water to class.
- The Student Showcase is not a formal performance. It is an opportunity to sing for your peers and observers the piece you have worked on for the two days of classes. Feel free to bring and change into less casual clothing, if you like.
If you have any questions about this event, please contact Selena Anguiano at the University of Dallas at:
972-721-5119 or email@example.com.
(Cashnet is the University’s third-party payment system.)
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AT THE MUSIC HALL!
Sat., April 12, 2014
Save this Event:iCalendar
Windows Live Calendar
Share this Event:Email to a Friend